Phoenix Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Don't Back Down!!!

5 posters

The Duel Arenas

HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Duel Points : 2147487735

The Duel Arenas - Page 3 Empty The Duel Arenas

Post by HAIR Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Duel Arenas - Page 3 14b4ad0
    A place for duelists to show their skills
    GameDesigner
    GameDesigner
    Ra

Duel Points : 4412

The Duel Arenas - Page 3 Empty Re: The Duel Arenas

Post by GameDesigner Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Yendys stood there, watching silently. He so did not like the smile across Dark Nori's face. "Nori better be careful, those face-downs could be trouble," he murmured under his breath, so no one could hear. Suddenly, he gets the feeling that someone he recognizes is coming towards PDA, but isn't sure who just yet.

-Flashback 5 years- "I Synchro Summon my Gusto Gulldos!" Sophia cried out and grinned. "I'm definitely gonna win now! Gusto Gulldos, attack Yendys's face-down monster!" Yendys smiles and says, "I activate Magic Cylinder, so your attack goes back at your own Life Points." Sophia's Life Points drop to 0, and she begins to pout. "Yendys, why can't I ever win against you? You always seem to counter my moves," she complains. Yendys puts his arm around her and says, "It's ok, little sis. I have a feeling you'll be a great duelist someday." -Flashback End-

OOC: I kind of want Sophia to be approved before my next post, so I may not post here for a little bit.

OOC again: Someone needs to post here, I can't because no one else has posted.

Last edited by GameDesigner on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bump.)

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Nori drew one card. "I think I'll save this one for later." he said to himself, afraid of the facedowns. "Felgrand, attack his Doppelwarrior." "Time for some fun." Dark Nori said. "First, I activate Malevolent Catastrophe, which destroys all spell and trap cards on the field when your monster attacks. Then I chain Magic Cylinder. Since the chain resolves backwards, you take the damage before your equip spells are destroyed." Nori's life points lowered to 3100 as he fell to a knee and held his side. The pain was excruciating, but he stood back up, took a deep breath, and attempted to ignore it. "I...I end my turn." he said.

"Then I guess it's my turn." Dark Nori said, drawing. "Just what I needed. Since I have only three dark monsters in my grave, I summon Dark Armed Dragon! Now I banish my Armageddon Knight to target your Felgrand and destroy it." "Felgrand's effect activates by detaching its last overlay unit, and negates your Dark Armed." Nori said. "Fine. Then my Dark Armed Dragon attacks your Felgrand, destroying both. And with that, I end my turn."
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Post by HAIR Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Andy stood and watched as Nori's breathing labored from the pain. "Duels like these are always hard to watch whether you know the person or not" said a voice behind him. At this Andy turned his head to see Vince. "I thought you were in the Doctor's Office helping" said Andy. "I got a text from Gary he said it was best I went here" stated Vince. "Besides these shadows are interesting subjects" commented Vince smiling.
    GameDesigner
    GameDesigner
    Ra

Post by GameDesigner Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Yendys stood silently, watching the match carefully. "That shadow version of Nori is good, no doubt," he murmured to himself. "I sure hope he can win." Yendys looked around, seeing if there's anywhere to sit around here except on the floor, and he soon spotted a bench near the field. He went over and sat, and pulled out his laptop. Yendys mutters to himself, "I want to know more about this shadow version of Nori, and if any other shadows exist for other people." He pulls up his virtual library, containing information about anything you want to know. He quickly goes to the part for supernatural occurrences, and soon finds what he's looking for. "A Summary of Shadow Selves", by Unna Tural. He begins to read, engrossed in the description of this kind of being.
    RainbowFlash
    RainbowFlash
    Ra

Duel Points : 3849

Post by RainbowFlash Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:40 pm

May Watches Intensly Ready to kill some one if need be* "come on Nori...you have to win...
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Post by HAIR Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:39 pm

"Your staying here right, if so I have an errand to run" commented Andy looking at Vince. "Yes, I'll be here most likely till it closes" answered Vince. "Gary wants an eye on these these matters as much as I do" Vince said lightly chuckling. At this Andy left the Arenas, as Vince watched intently on the Duel in front of him.
    GameDesigner
    GameDesigner
    Ra

Post by GameDesigner Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Sophia walks in to the duel arena area, and saw that a duel was going on there, but Yendys wasn't apart of it; according to the energies she felt, it was as if the person was dueling himself. She saw that a number of people were watching, and began to scour the room for Yendys, whom she soon saw sitting on a bench nearby. Carrying her bag on her shoulder, she walks over to him and says, "Hey, big bro. Been a while, hasn't it?"
    Yendys looks up, surprised to hear that voice, and smiles when he sees who it is. "Hey, Sophia. I see you've managed to make it here."
    She says, "Yup, I sure have. And now that I have..." Sophia takes off her bag, opens it, and puts a purple Duel Disk on her wrist. She then points at Yendys and says, "I challenge you to a duel!"
    Yendys sighs. "Go figure. Alright, but you're going to have to wait until Nori's done dueling his shadow self." He points to the arena, where Nori appeared in pain after having his Life Points drop down to 3100.
    Sophia snaps her fingers and says, "Oh, no wonder my senses told me the guy was dueling himself. Ok, I'll wait." She goes and stands near the arena, a couple feet from a girl and some other guys.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Nori noticed the increase in people. He began to feel nervous. However, he also felt...well... invigorated. It was difficlut to explain, but it was like a sort of enhanced motivation, brought about by adrenaline. "I draw. I'll activate Dark Hole to destroy all of your defenses." Nori watched as the field became empty. "Now, I summon thee to bring chivalry and honor to this battlefield. I summon Noble Knight Artorigus!" Artorigus appeared, and glanced at Nori. Nori gave a silent nod. "Go, Artorigus, attack directly!" Dark Nori's life points drain to 4900. "I end." Nori was panting. He needed to end this.

Dark Nori flinched. This duel was starting to take a toll on him, as well "I draw. I'll set one monster and end my turn." We both have one monster, and no cards in our hands. he thought, But that shouldn't last long.
    RainbowFlash
    RainbowFlash
    Ra

Post by RainbowFlash Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Is watching. "Come on Noir...you got this"
    GameDesigner
    GameDesigner
    Ra

Post by GameDesigner Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Sophia watched the duel as Nori essentially turned the duel around in one move. "This guy's good," she mutters under her breath. "I doubt I could duel that well, but who knows?" She hears the girl somewhere to her left encouraging Nori, and thinks, "She's probably a good friend of his." Sophia sits on the ground, crossing her legs as she does. She then shuts her eyes and begins to concentrate.
    Yendys closes out the virtual book and library, and glances up at the duel to see how Nori's doing. He smiles when he sees how the duel's been turned around. He notices that Sophia is sitting on the floor, and is pretty sure he knows what she's doing. He shuts his laptop and goes over to a wall. He pulls out a small stick from his pack. Yendys presses a button, and it expands into a full-sized wooden staff. He begins to twirl it around, hitting the wall every once in a while, trying to get back into the feel of it should he need to use it. He smiles grimly and mutters, "Maybe I should've just hit hit Ha Des over the head with this, instead of dueling him." But he knows that wouldn't have resolved anything.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:26 pm

"My turn." Nori said, drawing. "I equip Artorigus with Noble Arms of Destiny, allowing him to not be destroyed once per turn. Now, Artorigus, attack his face down monster." Artorigus swung his sword. "It's a morphing jar." Dark Nori said. "Now we both draw five cards." Hmmm. Nori thought, None of these are very helpful until I see what he gets next turn. "I set one spell/trap and end my turn."

"Draw." Dark Nori stated. "First, I'll activate Veil of Darkness. Now, whenever I draw a dark monster during my draw phase, I can discard it and draw another card." He paused. "Now, I summon Noble Knight Medraut. Nori was surprised. He was not expecting to be betrayed by this knight. "Dark Nori smiled. He won't be here for long, though. I sacrifice him to special summon the only one to come to my aid in the neverending darkness. I summon Ignoble Knight of Black Laundsallyn!" A knight appeared, clad in dark armor, as well as a cloak seemingly made out of darkness itself. "Now, Laundsallyn, attack his Artorigus!" The Artorigus, however, was not destroyed due to the effect of Noble Arms of Destiny. Nori took 200 points of damage, reducing his life points to 2900. "With that, I will set two cards and end my turn."
    GameDesigner
    GameDesigner
    Ra

Post by GameDesigner Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Yendys pauses for a moment to look at the duel, and sees the forces of light and darkness to truly be clashing on the field, with the Ignoble Knight of Black Laundsallyn against the Noble Knight Artorigus, which luckily had the destiny sword, or it'd be gone. Yendys suddenly notices a card lying on the ground. He picks it up, and first notices it's a Light Warrior monster, similar to the Noble Knights. However, this is an Xyz monster, with the name at the top saying Photon Papilloperative. Yendys recognizes this card almost immediately, but has no idea where it came from. Suddenly it glows, and the figure of the Papilloperative appears in front of Yendys, while Jain and Ma'at appear at his sides.
    "Greetings," Photon Papilloperative says. "As you can tell, I am the Photon Papilloperative, an ally of the Butterspies."
    Yendys says, "Alright, but where are the other Butterspies? Shouldn't you be with them?" Papil frowns and says, "I'd love to be, but I can't move my card." Papil's face lights up then, and asks excitedly, "Hey, can you take me and help me find the rest of the spies? You could try and make a deck using us, too. We'd be glad to help you if you reunite us." Yendys considers, then says, "Yeah, I'll help you guys. Just know that you may not be used too often, because my Lightsworns are who I use most often." Papil goes back into her card then, which Yendys picks up and sticks in his card case. Yendys walks over to Sophia and says, "Hey, while you're meditating, could you tell me where the Butterspy cards are?"
    Sophia cracks open her eyes and says, "Sure think, just a moment." She focuses for a little, then says, "The Blue Mountain, Morpho and Swallowtail Butterspies are in the cafeteria, Photon Alexandria Queen is somewhere in this room, and you already have the Moonlit Papillon."
    Yendys nods, and says, "I'll be back, I'm gonna grab those Butterspies and be back here to find Alexandria Queen." With that, he runs off to the cafeteria to gets the cards.

OOC: I'm not actually making a post at the cafeteria, just gonna make him come back after the next post on here.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:28 pm

"I draw." Nori said. "First off, since I have a light type normal monster, I can special summon Noble Knight Gawayn. Then, I will overlay both of them to summon Artorigus, King of the Noble Knights! With his effect, when he is XYZ summoned, I can target 3 Noble Arms Cards in my graveyard and equip them to him." The Caliburn, Gallatin, and Destiny were brought back from the grave. "Next, I activate the effect of Artorigus to detatch one overlay material and destroy 3 spell or trap cards on the field." Dark Nori cringed as his face up Veil of Darkness and face down Mirror Force and Draining Shield were destroyed. "Now, I activate Caliburn's effect to gain 500 life points." Nori's life points went up to 3400. "I then normal summon Card Trooper and use his effect to mill 3 cards and increase his attack by 1500 until the end of the turn. Go, Artorigus, attack his Laundsallyn. Next, Card Trooper will attack directly." Nori watched his opponents life points drop by 1500 and then another 1900, to put Dark Nori to 1500 life points.

Dark Nori was feeling the pain even more now. He didn't like pain. That was his whole reason for this enitre ordeal. He had to become stronger in order to never have to be in pain again..."I draw." he said. "This is what I will use. I normal summon Lady of the Lake, and with her effect, summon Medraut from the graveyard. Next, I will use them to synchro summon Ignoble Knight of High Laundsallyn!" Both Nori and Artorigus were filled with shock as a Knight more Vicious looking than the one they just destroyed appeared onto the battlefield. "I have unlocked true darkness." Dark Nori said. "I will use his effect. When he is synchro summoned, I can equip him with one Noble Arms card from my deck. I choose Noble Arms Gallatin." Laundsallyn's attack raised to 3100. "Now, Laundsallyn, attack his Card Trooper!" His opponent lost 2700 life points(down to 700 life points) and drew one card for Card Trooper's effect. "Now, at the end of the battle phase, since he destroyed a monster by battle, I can add one Noble Arms or Noble Knight to my hand. I choose Noble Arms Caliburn and equip it to High Laundsallyn. I use Caliburn's effect to to gain 500 life points, then end my turn." With Caliburn, Laundsallyn's attack went up to 3600, higher than the attack points of Artorigus.
    GameDesigner
    GameDesigner
    Ra

Post by GameDesigner Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:22 am

Sophia watches as Laundsallyn destroys the Trooper. "I can see one way for Nori to win," she mutters. "If he draws a Book of Moon, then all the Noble Arms equipped to Laundsallyn would be destroyed, and since Laundsallyn has only 900 DEF, if he summons another monster with at least 1000 ATK, then Laundsallyn could be gone and Artorigus could attack for game...but the odds of that happening are slim." She knows there's other things that could happen which would allow Nori to win, but the odds for any of them happening are small. She sighs, and wishes she could see the future right now, but her power to see the future of anyone but herself and Yendys was being blocked somehow.
    Just then, Yendys walks in, having retrieved the Butterspies from the cafeteria. He then shuts his eyes and concentrates on finding Photon Alexandria Queen. He opens his eyes, and goes over to the far corner of the duel arena area and finds her there. He then goes and sits on the same bench as before, and begins to construct a deck from them.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:57 pm

"I draw." Nori said. This wasn't good. All he had in his hand were some unusable Noble Arms and some monsters that would not help in this situation. He went through every possible combination of moves he could do, but still nothing. But then, he saw a light emitting from his graveyard. He looked at the cards he sent for the effect of Card Trooper, and found a strange one he had never seen before. "Noble Arms Excaliburn...." he said to himself. "I don't remember putting this card in my deck...." He looked over to Artorigus. "Should I use it?" Artorigus gave a nod. It's our best chance of winning this battle." Artorigus said. "Alright. I banish Noble Arms Excaliburn to summon a Noble Knight XYZ monster from my extra deck using Artorigus as a material. Go, light a path through the darkness! I summon Sacred Noble Knight of King Artorigus!" A stronger version of Artorigus appeared on the field. Even though he had never seen this card before, he somehow knew everything that it could do. "When Artorigus is summoned, he can equip three Noble Arms from the grave." Caliburn, Gallatin, and Destiny equipped themselves. "Next, I detatch one XYZ material to target one monster you control and destroy it. I choose your Laundsallyn." Nori breath was starting to become heavier. He needed to finish this. "Go, Artorigus, smite the darkness in front of you! Attack him directly!" Dark Nori violently fell backwards, losing the rest of his life points. "Its over...I've won..." Using the strength he had left he walked over to his fallen self. The way he saw it, there were only two options. He could either kill his dark half, and therefore kill himself, or he could let his dark half go to save his own life. No, there had to be another way, right? A way to save himself and everyone else? Was that too much to ask? He arrived at his destination, looking down at his dark half who was on the ground and unable to move. Then, Nori thought he found a way, but it would be risky. "If I absorb your soul back into mine, I should be able to stay alive while keeping you from hurting anyone else."

Dark Nori chuckled at this. "That's a little risky, isn't it? What if I take over? Then you will have gained absolutely nothing. Not to mention the fact that it will put a lot of strain on your mind and body, no matter who wins. The pain will be excruciating."

Nori wasn't wavered. "I don't care. I would endure any amount of pain if it meant that no one else would have to get hurt."

"So," Dark Nori said "You are willing to put the lives of everyone else before your own? Ha. I knew you were foolish, but I didn't know you were this foolish."

Nori took a deep breath and placed his hand on his dark side's forehead. "It's time for you to go back where you belong..." And with that, the figure of his dark side slowly faded, unitl nothing was left. Nori then noticed a shining ball floating right above the ground where Dark Nori used to be. "This must be the remaining part of Takeshi's soul." he said, grabbing it. He then slowly staggered towards the small crowd that had gathered, until he found May. "May," he said, his voice getting weaker. "Something tells me my body is not gonna like the decision I made. Soon it will realize what has happened, and start rejecting it. I need you to get this to my brother, in the hospital wing." he handed her the shining ball he had picked up. "Once you get there, it should find it's way back." Nori could feel the pain starting to form, as his body realized the presence of both strong light and strong darkness in his system. "I'll be fine. I just need some time to get this sorted." Then, like a switch, the pain exploded throughout his body. He fell to the ground, screaming, then lost consciousness. His soul retreated inward, in hope of resolving the conflict inside of him.
    GameDesigner
    GameDesigner
    Ra

Post by GameDesigner Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Having finished constructing the deck, Yendys looks up just in time to watch Nori win, and saw the rest of it unfold as well. He went over to Sophia and said, "We need to get Nori to the hospital wing. Can you do it?"
    Sophia smiles, nods and says, "Finally, I can use my power to help someone!" She walks over to the unconscious Nori, standing in front of him. She shuts her eyes, concentrates, and a moment later, they reopen, but glowing a white light. Nori's body is surrounded with the same light, and begins to float in the air. Sophia turns, and guides Nori's floating body to the hospital wing.
    Yendys walks over to May and says, "You heard what Nori said. We need to get the ball to Takeshi now. Plus, I presume you'll want to make sure Nori gets to the hospital wing safely." He walks off, saying, "Anyone who wants to, follow Sophia, who's using her psychic powers to move Nori to the hospital, and I to the hospital wing."
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Post by HAIR Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Vince stands and notes any sounds and sights around him. -Flashback to 9 Months Ago- "Why is it you use words like officially and technically?" asked a man with Brown hair and buzz cut. "For the same reason I don't feel the need to tell people everything" answered Gary. "On this Island I am responsible for both students and staff and honestly I never intend of telling them why, I find it easier to work in secret anyway" Gary said with a light grin. "No but you do enjoy keeping them out of the loop" said the man with a buzz cut. "Alan your in charge of your own Academy are you saying you don't understand?" asked Gary. "Gary I've know you longer than anyone here I get it I do, I'm just saying those outside this room won't" Alan stated. "Look what happened with UDA was no ones fault things like that happen with Duel Academies but these people are going to their graves with the belief it closed because of a loss in funding, which honestly isn't a complete lie" commented Gary. "Ok just so it's clear how isn't that a lie? asked Alan. "In the final few months those that were at UDA would have noticed the down sizing in both materials and personal including new members, this is because Kiaba was starting to cut us off it's just not the whole story" answered Gary. -Flashback End-
    RainbowFlash
    RainbowFlash
    Ra

Post by RainbowFlash Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:56 pm

NOIR!" May screams as she runs but is cut off. What was he thinking there had to be a nuther way there has to be....When May is Told to go the the hosbitle wing she just nods and follows*
    GameDesigner
    GameDesigner
    Ra

Post by GameDesigner Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Yendys enters the Duel Arena, with Sophia slightly in front of him and Emag flying alongside him. Yendys stands one the side closest to the door, while Sophia stands at the far side. They insert their decks into their Duel Disks, slide their disks onto their arms, and activate them. Simultaneously, they say, "Let's Duel!"
    Suddenly, Sophia shudders visibly. Yendys notices and asks, "Is something wrong, Sophia?" Sophia nods and says, "I have a bad feeling some strange things are going on in the academy, even stranger than people dueling themselves and randomly having heart attacks." Yendys nods, deactivates his Duel Disk and hops off the arena. "Where did the strange feeling come from, Sophia?" Yendys asks. Sophia responds, "Something strange happened in the Forest, and as for the other...I think it has something to do with Nori and May." Yendys nods and says, "You're probably right, but I want to check on Takeshi first, to see if he woke up yet." Sophia nods, and together they walk over to the hospital wing.

Last edited by GameDesigner on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no one was posting in this topic)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Rin slowly walked into duel arena. She was bored and figured out there would be no harm in dueling someone.
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Post by HAIR Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:13 pm

Gary had just finished a conference call in his Office when he decided to walk to the Arenas, like the rest of the Island and it's buildings he had designed its lay out. Unlike the large Duel Arenas of Duelist Kingdom the room had 9 evenly spaced out platforms in the form of a Compass rose 1 in the middle the next ring had North, East, South and West followed by the 2nd ring having Northeast, Southeast, Southwest and Northwest. He saw Rin right away and said "If you're looking for a Duel I'll be at the Northwestern ring" walking to the far left hand corner from the entrance his back to the wall. He then unzipped the Grey bookbag he had with him and took out his Duel Disk placing it on his right arm pushing the button to shuffle it. -Flashback to February 2nd 2013- "Ok humor me about the design" said a man with Brown hair and a buzz cut. "Compass rose Alan" said Gary. Both were sitting their backs against the wall near the Northeastern arena. "You face the arenas as you walk in and from there the position they are give the platform it's name" Gary continued. "I screwed up" commented Alan. "And I didn't?, if I have it right my list is worse" answered Gary. "They don't know about the money do they?" asked Alan. "Not now not ever" Gary answered back. "Got it Boss" responded Alan with a smile. -Flashback End- "So you up for that duel?" Gary called out drawing 5 cards.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:29 pm

"I am." Rin said, drawing five cards of her own. She smiled as she saw what they were. "Should you take the turn or should I?"
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Post by HAIR Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:50 pm

"Ladies first" Gary said with a grin. -Flashback to February 2nd 2013- "Million or not I feel like saying something" said Alan. "First off the Million was just a down payment, that and partially for past work" commented Gary. "That and copyright" said Alan. "Wait you're count my Intro to Vince?" asked Gary looking at Alan while saying so. "And you wouldn't?" Alan answered back with a grin. "Regardless you didn't screw up you did exactly as I told you someone else just stepped in and messed things up I mean the same thing happened to me" said Gary now looking at the Arenas. "So it's an ego thing... figures, how many people are even on the Island anyway?" questioned Alan. "You , me, Andy, and 17 various workers finishing up before our opening the 14th none of which are even near the Main Building" stated Gary. -Flashback End-

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:28 pm

"Well, then, I place a monster face-down and two cards face-down." Rin said "Then I end my turn."
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Post by HAIR Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:47 pm

"Ok then I also play a monster and card facedown while activating the Spell Burden of the Mighty" said Gary looking at the 3 cards left in his hand. "This is an older deck but always reliable" commented Gary. -Flashback to February 2nd 2013- "And what of your build?" asked Alan. "False Face?, it's still reliable but honestly I'm about to retire it" answered Gary. "What not a fan of its World Tour?" questioned Alan half laughing. "That part was great its time has just come that's all" stated Gary. "Once a build gets a certain age I switch it for a new top" said Gary. -Flashback End- "I end my turn" says Gary finally looking up from his cards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:52 pm