Phoenix Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Don't Back Down!!!

3 posters

The Power of One

The Power of One Empty The Power of One

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am

"But....but..." Rin protested weakly

"No buts." Haku said firmly "We shall pretend everything is normal and you won't get killed and we will keep our friendship."

Rin still looked unsure, so Haku approached her

"Len wouldn't have wanted you to die." she whispered in Rin's ear.

Rin's eyes widened at this. Nodding, she quickly grabbed a butcher knife and retreated behind the counter.

"Remember." Haku told the rest of the personnel "If they find out, we attack."

They all nodded and took knives out of cupboards and from the wall. Haku took one too.

And then the door opened. Rin stiffened and began cutting the chicken, and the rest of the personnel joined her. Over time, they all realized that Rin had changed. She became kind to everyone in the town and they were willing to protect her.

Kaito and Meiko entered and sat at the table near the window.

The water dripped in the sink as Rin continued washing the lettuce.

A large, friendly man approached Kaito and Meiko, thus intentionally blocking their view of Rin.

"Can I help you?" he asked

"Yes." Meiko said "We're looking for Rin, daughter of evil. We heard she was working here.

The man's friendly expression instantly turned into the scowl as he pulled a knife out of his pocket.

All of the personnel did the same. Rin did so also, in order to blend in.

"Don't you touch her." the man growled "We won't allow her death. Not after everything she did for us. When bandits attacked, she resisted them all by herself till they got the message and left. She saved my baby from a viper when I was too busy to notice...." his voice faltered at this.

Everyone nodded in approval, grabbing their knives tighter.
    It was then that Meiko noticed Rin and pulled a sword out of the scabbard.

"Die!" she and Kaito screamed at the same.

However, the man met the sword instead and fell down the knees, blood leaking from his stomach. Rin, who was behind him, screamed in horror.

"Don't...." he croaked, crawling to the door and opening them "You're fired." he told Rin and everybody else "You're fired. Go, and protect her."

They obeyed without hesitation. The man watched them go, jolly expression on his face.

His two-year-old daughter entered the room and saw the blood and the knife he was holding

"Where is the personnel, Daddy?"

"I fired all of them...they were lousy workers." he lied smoothly

"Aww....I will miss Rin-chan." the girl responded

(meanwhille)

The house was now inhabited by former restaurant employees.

"Rin, you're not to go outside till Kaito and Meiko leave the city. I will be doing the shopping and others will attend to gardening and laundry."

"Why not just place her on the throne again, now that she's changed?

"That would put her onto the spot and get her killed very quickly." Haku replied harshly

(tbc)
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Duel Points : 2147487735

The Power of One Empty Re: The Power of One

Post by HAIR Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 am

I look forward to part 2
    Kilering
    Kilering
    Honorary Staff

Duel Points : 5043

Post by Kilering Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:06 am

I love Short-stories...this was amazing and I second what Hair said.. Can't wait...

-Kilering The Power of One 144353200
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Duel Points : 2147487734

Post by MnRebel27 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 am