Phoenix Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Don't Back Down!!!

5 posters

Make A Story! [Game]

Zekrif
    Zekrif
    Honorary Staff

Duel Points : 4630

Make A Story! [Game] - Page 2 Empty Make A Story! [Game]

Post by Zekrif Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome. Do you love stories? Then your in the perfect place. Here someone starts off a Story and the next person begins were they left off. (Example: I walked cautiously along the path, the fog seemed to thicken each step.
    Then the next person could say: The sweet smell of gingerbread and home made chocolate seemed to be my only guidance. Etc.) It'll go on until someone ends the story.

Here are the main rules:
    1. Anyone may participate, but try to get a skill duel first.
    2. Be fair. Don't just end the story abruptly and ruin it. Or rush the plot and steal all the glory.
    3. Try to make sense. Some spelling mistakes are totally ok, but do try to have good grammar.
    4. Common sense. Fairly self-explanatory.
    5. Add at least one sentence. 1-5 sentences are allowed, try to not add much more if you can help it.
    6. And ofc, have fun. You can do pretty much anything in the story.  But it has to be 3rd or 1st person, try to refrain from making this a role play story.

The one who posts after a Story is finished starts a new one. The person who starts can make it whatever they want, as long it abides the rules. Have fun and enjoy, I'll start.

Funny how a situation could change in a blink of a eye. I was just walking home after a long day at work, wondering how good it'd feel to collapse on my nice big bed. There was no sound as I continued to walk the dark eerie path, no cars no birds, nothing but the low echo of my steps on the pavement.
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Duel Points : 2147487705

Make A Story! [Game] - Page 2 Empty Re: Make A Story! [Game]

Post by MnRebel27 Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:45 pm

(Err...hmm.  Guess the snow/not snow thing threw me off and then I forgot bout this D:)

I tried to catch a "snowflake" like I did when I was younger...I mean last winter.  After a few tries, I was able to coax one into my hand.  Ouch!  Big mistake.  My thumb and forefinger were filled with searing pain.  I opened them immediately and then rubbed my fingers on my shirt.  That was ash.  For this much ash to be lying around, and still falling, must mean I was near an erupting volcano.  But wouldn't there be sound?  Shouldn't I be able to see the volcano?  Hmm...
    Arab9001
    Arab9001
    Slifer

Duel Points : 5336

Post by Arab9001 Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:43 pm

I got up to go search for some clues. This is odd, I been searching for quite some time now and the only thing i found is just ash, ash and more ash. There was a wierd figure in front of me as I wandered. It was a bulky figure but as i made way...
    Zekrif
    Zekrif
    Honorary Staff

Post by Zekrif Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:30 pm

The dark silhouette soon became clear. Fear struck me instantly. He was HUGE. He had muscles on muscles and was the size of a 3-story building. My jaw dropped to the floor. Sadly I didn't have much time to scurry in fear as he began to make his way towards me, seemingly causing small earthquakes with each giant step. Time slowed as my heart raced and my blood was replaced with pure repulsive dread. My legs buckled and dropped in utter fear and melancholy as I accepted my fate. The giant smiled his murderous smile and charged his Falcon Punch. After a few seconds I heard the air being cut and the ground shatter, but no pain. Bittersweet curiosity overwhelmed me and I peaked, utterly shocked at what I was seeing.
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 pm

I couldn't believe it. A giant Captain Falcon just punched...a falcon. I couldn't quite figure out why the ground shattered, as I could tell the giant unleashed his vicious punch in the air. Curiosity overwhelmed my sense of awe, but not quite my self-preservation. I crept toward the downed fowl, but it didn't seem I was making much progress. This continued for about fifteen minutes, and then I realized: the falcon was as large as the immense Captain. This brought to mind a very memorable episode of my favorite childhood show, in which people were stranded on an island with several giant robotic monsters. Could it be? No, there's no way someone would have the budget for that in the real world...
    Zekrif
    Zekrif
    Honorary Staff

Post by Zekrif Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 pm

But than again...These past 24 hours have been multitudes beyond weird. The captain managed to grab me in with his giant hand as I pondered. Lifting me all the way to his face. He showed literally no emotion, almost robotic like. But now was no time to think about that; I had to find a way to get out of this. Luckily, my frantic mind caught an idea. The weird cosplayer had said he injected some devil fruit liquid or whatever inside of me....I could only hope that that meant I actually had some kind of power now. Captain Falcon had no pity as he began to squeeze me. I grimaced in pain as a few of my bones shattered like styrofoam. I grew light headed and on the verge of fainting, until it happened. The pain washed away and my waist felt relieved. I looked down to find that I wasn't really human anymore. My entire lower body had disappeared as my upper body stayed in tact. At first I thought he split me in two, but instead, I had found my new power.
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:37 am

My mind reeled with the possibilities of my new-found power.  Furthermore, I was ecstatic that I had not become a transvestite.  Exploring my ability, I attempted to fly.  Instinctively, I tried to jump with my legs, but then I remembered I had made them vanish.  Unfortunately, they rematerialized in the fist of Falcon.  I prayed that they would vanish once more and relieve me of the bone-crushing pain, but to no avail.  Desperately I tried to remember how I activated my power before, but my head was clouded agony.  With a helpless chuckle, I began giving into my fate.

Suddenly, my legs became nothingness.  Perhaps the trigger was pain itself?  Regardless, I had no time to think on the matter.  I placed my hands on the gigantic, cold hand and pushed for all I was worth.  I moved an astonishing centimeter.  Realizing that I had neglected to try the most obvious approach, I simply compelled my body to fly.  To my great relief, it obeyed.

I rocketed forward with the speed of a sparrow, the agility of an acrobat, and the knowledge of an amoeba.  I had no idea what I was doing.  Attempting to change direction, I tried to just think about the act.  Sadly, not everything in life is that easy.  Trying another tactic, I glanced at where my waist once was to see if I could discern what was propelling me.  Was it a red tornado?  No, there was simply nothing.  The immediate fear of the unknown so overrode my thoughts that I lost what little control I had and plummeted to the earth.

The impact was so terrible that I thought I had died.  Then I realized that I felt no pain, and that the damage was all in my head.  What would be left up there after I got through this I couldn't guess.  Shaking my head to clear it, I began flying again.  I glanced back and saw the gargantuan creature watching me with what I thought was a flicker of an amused expression, but I was not sure.  He, or was it an it? hadn't taken a single step, and yet he was right behind me.  I must have flown for a very short distance.  This idea confused me, as I swore I had flown at least half a mile, albeit in a straight line.  Maybe I did actually travel that far.  Since this is all so unreal, it would not be surprising if this monstrous being had a silent gap-closer ability.

A rapidly growing shadow brought me to my senses.  I turned around and to my despair noticed I was approaching a cliff at an amazing pace.  Frantically, I tried to put on the brakes by imagining I was driving a car.  I stopped instantaneously, but felt like I had woken up from a dream that ends by falling to my death.  Gratified that I did not become a red splatter on some rocks, I thanked God for my life.

I turned the steering wheel in my mind to the left and flew off.  Joyous that I had finally gotten a handle on my flight, I began to fly away with one goal in mind: escape.  I listened but I could not hear anyone following me.  I risked another look back after ensuring that I would not almost run into a cliff and was startled to see Captain Falcon running right behind me while charging up one of his infamous punches.  At that moment I did a very stupid thing: I turned around.

Yelling like a maniac, I charged straight at the flaming fist.  I dodged the punch by a hair's-breadth.  I could not fathom how I managed to pull off such a maneuver, but I had no time to dwell on it.  I flew around the enormous humanoid looking for the one fatal flaw that all crazy machines have, and I found it.  A large red circle protruded from the back of the Captain Falcon giant with the label "Self-Destruct Button".  Channeling all my speed, I rushed towards that delicious red button hoping that I would not be swatted like a fly before I could reach it.  Gasping for breath (who knew that flying actually burned energy?) I put my entire being into pressing the button that would bring about the machines downfall.

A voice that sounded suspiciously like Microsoft Sam spoke, "Berserk mode activated. Fake self-destruct button. Ha. Ha. Ha."
    Zekrif
    Zekrif
    Honorary Staff

Post by Zekrif Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:43 am

(Wow...This story is wild. I never know what's going to happen next O.o)

My jaw dropped as the mechanical Captain Falcon began vibrating with tremendous power. Stream puffs began forming above his head and his skin grew the faint tint of maroon. Every second the vibrating increased until Captain Falcon was nothing more than a blur. A few seconds later, he just stopped. The sense of relief didn't have enough time to wash over me as Capitan Falcon began to rapidly move towards me with alarming speed. Instinctively, I flew to the right, barely dodging the first attack. The second attack began as a flurry of swift punches. I tried to dodge but one caught me, sending me flying like a DBZ character. After what seemed like a solid hour of air time I hit a convenient patch of sand. Or at least that was what I thought it was. With a closer inspection it was actually ash.

I didn't pay it much attention as I heard the giant sprint in my direction like a missle. I tried hard to reap any good thoughts from my mind, sadly none came. Within less than a second, the giant loomed over me. I almost thought I heard him chuckle as he lifted his foot, I suppose he was savoring the victory as he prepared to squash me like a grape. But than an idea hit, albeit not full-proof. But I had to try. As he slowly descended his foot I flew up in time and pushed.

I really hope this works, I thought. Since mental symbolism seemed to trigger my powers I tried hard and imagined the giant in stick figure form on a dry erase board. With a swift decision I imagined him being erased. Instantly I saw nothing in front of me. I was overwhelmed with joy as I intentionally fell done to the soft ash on the ground.
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 pm

(I was just explaining how he visualized controlling his ability, not that his ability IS what he thinks. That's kinda overpowered, even for a story like this. Not really sure how to work with this.)
    Zekrif
    Zekrif
    Honorary Staff

Post by Zekrif Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 pm

(Great, I ruined the story q.q Maybe do something cheesy like it was all a dream or a simulation..?)
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:09 am

(You didn't ruin the story, its just that an ability like that is basically what God does, so it pretty much has limitless power. We might be able to make it work, but we need to figure out limiters.)
    GameDesigner
    GameDesigner
    Ra

Duel Points : 4383

Post by GameDesigner Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:25 pm

(Here's a limiter for you: the character can only do that sort of thing when his life is in grave danger, like it apparently was in the story where he used that power.)
    Zekrif
    Zekrif
    Honorary Staff

Post by Zekrif Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:19 pm

(Hmm....still sounds op considering a main character seems to ALWAYS have their life in danger. Maybe he can only use it once in X amount of days or it expends a large amount of energy to the point they can only use it once every battle.)
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 pm

(Using it once a battle is still a guaranteed win, unless he gets attacked by another boss-like monster/creature/insane human directly after. There could be a limit on what specifically he can do with his powers, created by himself because he feels his ability is an affront to God.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm