Phoenix Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Don't Back Down!!!

3 posters

A Stereotypical Duel

MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Duel Points : 2147487705

A Stereotypical Duel Empty A Stereotypical Duel

Post by MnRebel27 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:18 pm

The author's note I wrote:I posted this on UDA, but since it was deleted, I'm re-posting with a few edits. Please feel free to speak your mind about how the duel is portrayed. I want to know if it came across realistically. Also, I am not sure if the description of a summoned monster should be placed in the same paragraph as the duelist declaring the summon, or in a different paragraph. Please let me know!
    A stereotypical boy challenges his stereotypical younger sister to a duel. They shuffle each other’s decks, and then draw five cards. As agreed upon, the girl makes the first move.

“I draw,” says Jane Doe. She examines her hand, and then, smiling declares, “I summon Happy Lover in Attack Mode!” An orange ball with a cute smiley face and four wings appears. The boy snickeres. “I end my turn.”

John Doe draws, and then dramatically says, “I summon Chainsaw Insect in Attack Mode!” A red –grey mechanical insect with enormous chainsaw mandibles climbs out of the ground. “Crush her fairy!”

Jane laughs. In a teasing voice, she says, “You fell for it! Honest, protect my cutie!”

John groans as a male angel drifts down from the heavens and enshrouds Happy Lover with its wings. Chainsaw Insect rolls over, legs twitching madly, and then vanishes. The boy’s Life Points drop to 1600.

“You draw one card because of my monster’s effect. Now, I set three cards facedown and end my turn.”

The girl draws, triumphantly saying, “I sacrifice Happy Lover to summon Airknight Parshath. Attack!”

“I don’t think so. I activate Magic Cylinder!” Two open-ended cylinders appear. The fairy knight charges into the right one, then back out the left, attacking his owner. The girl’s Life Points drop to 2100.

Jane cries out in pain as the hologram attacks. “How could you! I activate Sanctuary in the Sky.” An ancient architecture, shining with holy light, descends from the sky and surrounds the playing field. “Any battles with my Fairies do not hurt me now. I end my turn.”

John draws. He scans the cards in his hand with a worried expression. “I’ll set one monster facedown, and end my turn.”

The girl grins. “I draw. I summon Gellenduo in Attack Mode!” Pink and green fairies shine into existence and begin flying around each other. “I attack your monster with Airknight Parshath! He inflicts piercing damage, and I draw after you receive battle damage!”

The boy, worry plain on his face, flips over his monster. A red, metallic sphere with four blue prongs latches onto the attacking Fairy. John grins and states, “You’ve activated my Blast Sphere’s effect. It cancels damage calculation, and equips to the attacking monster. During your next Standby Phase, Airknight Parshath is destroyed, and you take all of his 1900 points as damage.”

Jane frowns, but her expression brightens. “But that won’t happen, because I attack with Gellenduo, and bring your Life Points to zero!” The pastel Fairies spin around each other, and then throw two rings of light at John.

“I activate Emergency Provisions and destroy my facedown Solemn Warning to gain 1000 Life Points!” John cringes as he takes 1700 points of damage, leaving him with a pitiful 900 Life Points. “I’ll live.”

“Not for much longer. I end my turn.”

John draws and breathes a sigh of relief. “I activate Beast King Barbaros’s effect, and summon him with no Tribute.” A half panther, half human, with golden jewelry sprints onto the field. “I enter my Battle Phase, and – ”

“Gellenduo cannot be destroyed by battle, and I take no damage while Sanctuary is on the field. Stupid!”

“I activate Mystical Space Typhoon on Sanctuary in the Sky. Now I attack Gellenduo!”

Beast King Barbaros runs towards Gellenduo and strikes with his mighty lance. Jane cries out in shock as her Fairy fades away and her Life Points decrease to 1900. “I set one card facedown and end my turn.”

Jane sniffs, then concentrating with all her might, draws. “Yes! I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Blast Sphere!”

“I was hoping you would do that. I activate Curse of Royal, which negates and destroys your MST. Game, set, and match!” John fist pumps as he watches Blast Sphere detonate, destroying Airknight Parshath and reducing Jane’s Life Points to 0. “I won!”

The girl begins to cry. “I was so close!”
    John walks over and says, “Hey, this is just a game. You might beat me next time.”

Jane blinks, and the tears recede. “Yeah, you’re right.”

The siblings walk back home, the thrill of the duel stirring their blood. They will forever remember this duel as the beginning of their stereotypical sibling rivalry.

Last edited by Mnslayer27 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Duel Points : 2147487706

A Stereotypical Duel Empty Re: A Stereotypical Duel

Post by HAIR Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:56 pm

A Fan Fic from UDA huh? Nice whose the original author?
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Me xD I was just trying to use the quote box for "a word by the author", but it forces "wrote" after the username, or in this case, the text I actually wanted to include. I altered it so that it makes a little more sense lol.
    Kilering
    Kilering
    Honorary Staff

Duel Points : 5014

Post by Kilering Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:33 pm

this is awsome you should post more.... Only 3 things though about this one...

1.) In the 6th paragraph Jane ends her turn twice...
    2.) Doesn't Gellunduo have 1700 attk?
    3.) Blast Sphere activate in sbp so... Would it activate before her main phase? before she can activate mst?
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Post by HAIR Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Lol I should have guessed it had you text color
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:53 pm

HAIR wrote:Lol I should have guessed it had you text color

Lol you should have. I thought you read it before o.O

Kilering wrote:this is awsome you should post more.... Only 3 things though about this one...

1.) In the 6th paragraph Jane ends her turn twice...
    2.) Doesn't Gellunduo have 1700 attk?
    3.) Blast Sphere activate in sbp so... Would it activate before her main phase? before she can activate mst?

1) Ah, thanks. I guess I got ahead of myself there.
    2) Yeah, that was a typo. If you look at the math, it uses 1700. Ty for pointing it out.
    3) You can use Quick-play spells at any time during your turn. She activated it during her Draw Phase.
    Kilering
    Kilering
    Honorary Staff

Post by Kilering Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Sorry I didn't see the damage taken... and thanks for the new knowledge of quick-play spells in draw-phase can activate...
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Your welcome! The only time it ever really has mattered in my duels is with Blast Sphere, but I'm sure there are other cases where it useful to MST in DP/SP.
    Kilering
    Kilering
    Honorary Staff

Post by Kilering Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:40 pm

yeah like with wave motion cannon.... *cough**cough* hair.... lol
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Post by HAIR Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:56 pm

You should really have that looked at A Stereotypical Duel 2623194760
    Kilering
    Kilering
    Honorary Staff

Post by Kilering Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:00 pm

Lol... what are you talking about?...
    HAIR
    HAIR
    Admin

Post by HAIR Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:06 pm

The cough A Stereotypical Duel 2053121316
    MnRebel27
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:07 pm

Oh, and just so you know, the first thing that happens in the DP is the draw, unless a card specifically states otherwise. This means that you cannot use MST during an opponent's Draw Phase before they draw.
    Kilering
    Kilering
    Honorary Staff

Post by Kilering Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:30 pm

lol as in "hairball"....?
    or something else...?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm