Week 12: Penguin Soldier

Post by HAIR on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

~Talk in-depth about the card here~

Admin

Duel Points : 2147485291

Re: Week 12: Penguin Soldier

Post by HAIR on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:15 pm

As some may have figured out our Cards of the Week come in a pattern and as such this Week is Effect Monsters and not too shocking my pick for Effect Mon is my very own Penguin Soldier.

Fun Facts-

1. You may target Monster Tokens, and they will be taken off the field, instead of returning to the hand.

2. If your "Penguin Soldier" is not destroyed when its Flip Effect activates, you can use it to return the card itself to your hand along with one other monster, and then re-Set it on your next turn; this works ever better if you have another "Penguin Soldier" on your side of the field.

3. This card combos well with "Magical Hats". If your opponent's attack hits "Penguin Soldier", you can bounce the two Spell/Trap Cards you placed on the field to your hand, essentially letting you search two Spell/Trap Cards from your Deck.

4. This card works well with "Spring of Rebirth", allowing you to regain at least 500.

5. This card is wonderful for reusing your Flip Effects. If you can keep "Penguin Soldier" and another Flip Effect Monster from being destroyed, you can use the same effect multiple times. You can flip one monster over, use its effect, then flip "Penguin Soldier", return them both to the hand, and set them again. This works even better if you have "Ultimate Offering" active.

Examples include "Needle Worm", "Man-Eater Bug", "Skelengel", "Greenkappa" and "Tornado Bird".

6. This card teams perfectly with "Ordeal of a Traveler" and "Card Destruction". Even if your opponent guesses well, their monster will be returned to his hand to be discarded by the latter.

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:39 pm