We Don't Back Down!!!

America's Next Top Riddler!

Zekrif
    Honorary Staff

Duel Points : 2283

America's Next Top Riddler!

Post by Zekrif on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Come one, come all to the hottest mind-juggling game of the year! Yes, you heard right, this is were riddles come to dance and frolic our minds! But first, let us go over a few things, shall we?

-There is only one Riddler at one point in time. The Riddler must, as the name suggests, give a riddle or two or three! Depending on the Riddler, ofc.
    -The first to post a correct answer to a riddle becomes the new Riddler (If there is multiple riddles you only have to get one right.)
    -If the current Riddler is idle and hasn't posted for more than 3 days his title is revoked and there will be a new Riddler.
    -If a riddle proves too hard after a few days the Riddler must come up with a new one or give up his position to whom he/she chooses unless the people decide to continue on (To avoid clots and resulting in no one posting in this thread ever ever again)
    -And lastly, be reasonable! Don't make it impossible! Give hints if you feel like it!
    Remember, it can be about ANYTHING. Since I'm the OP I'll go first,
    Riddle 1: "My neighbors think I'm a nosy old woman, but today I witnessed a murder. I was looking out my window when I saw something through the window of the apartment building opposite me. A man was in the middle of murdering a woman. The strange thing was, after he finished strangling her, he turned around and our eyes met. It was eerie. Then he pointed at me and kept staring at me for a minute or two. All the time he was staring at me, his finger kept moving. I called the police a few minutes ago and they told me I will have to go down to the police station and give a statement tomorrow. I'm sure they will catch him. I saw his face very clearly."

Riddle 2: "It's hard being a mother. I recently found out my son is psychic. He's got this habit of pointing at people's faces sometimes. My husband and I realized that whenever our son points at somebody like that, it means they're going to die within three days. Last year, he pointed at his grandfather. Three days later, his grandfather died of a heart attack. A few months ago he pointed to a picture of an actress in a magazine. Three days later, she was killed in a car accident. Today. When I went to turn on the TV, my son was pointing at the screen. When I turned it on the president was giving a speech. I can't believe the president is going to die, but my son is never wrong."

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

Thank You MMM u.u
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Duel Points : 2147485358

Re: America's Next Top Riddler!

Post by MnRebel27 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 pm

No...

Post by MnRebel27 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Here's a hint - the driver can make part of the trip, set some apples aside at his stop, and go back to Appleland.

Post by Zekrif on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:19 pm

That was a huge hint. But now it all clicked lol.
    I'm pretty sure it's 833 apples.

Firstly i make 3 trips of 1,000 apples (the max) 333 miles. Now I have 2,001 apples bc 333+333+333=999 and 667 miles until Bananavilla.
    And then i go 2 trips of 1k apples 500 miles. I'm left with 1,000 bc of the price and I can only carry 1,000 with only 167 miles to left.
    After that i go the final 167 miles with one load of 1,000 apples and I'm  left with 833 apples in Bananaville bc of the price.
    Ugh, that took a while to solve. I'm pretty sure I got it. If not I'll be really really sad lol.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

Thank You MMM u.u
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Yup that's it. Gj. Riddle away~

Post by Zekrif on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:07 pm

A group of ten people are going out for pizza but only two of them have an umbrella to keep them dry. But they manage to walk all the way to the pizza place without getting wet.

How is this possible?

Thank You MMM u.u
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 pm

There was no form of precipitation that day.

Post by Zekrif on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:20 pm

Aye. Riddle away mr.Riddler.

Thank You MMM u.u
    MnRebel27
    Admin

Post by MnRebel27 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 pm

A lone linguist obsessed with water sets off on a grand voyage to conquer a laundromat in each country in the world.  Having brought an establishment in France under his wing, he left after making a small leak in a pipe and ordering the workers to allow the water on the floor to always remain about half an inch high.  In Spain, he instructs the workers to allow an iguana free roam of the place, and to always ensure that one is present in the building.  Upon conquering a laundromat in Germany, he demands that the employees must always greet customers with the phrase, "Wassup?"  Similarly, after gaining control of a laundromat in Japan, he insists that the employees must always end a response to someone with two English words.  What were they?

Last edited by Mnslayer27 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by MnRebel27 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:28 am

Hmm I kinda forgot about this. I think that I made the riddle far too difficult to solve unless you think similar to me, so I'll edit it a bit to provide a hint within the riddle.

If the change didn't help then let me know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 pm